Sunday, October 1, 2017

The Mainstream AI Community Can Kiss My Ass

The AI community Does Not Put Food on My Table

This blog has received a lot of traffic since I started writing on unsupervised learning using spike timing. The response I'm getting from some in the AI community is that they already knew all this stuff about spiking neural networks and timing. They already knew that the brain expects a perfect world and that it does not perform probabilistic computations on its sensory inputs. My question is, why are you jackasses reading my blog if you already knew it all? And why have you spent all your energy and tens of billions of dollars on supervised learning and backpropagation for the last 30 years?

Let me make something perfectly clear. I don't write for the scientific community. They are a bunch of elitist assholes by nature and I abhor elitism. The scientific community, including mainstream AI, does not put food on my table and, even if they did, I would still tell them to kiss my ass. I did all my research on my own time and my own penny. And I had to unlearn most of the crap I learned from them. I owe them nothing and I don't need their goddam money. I know who my savior and provider is. They are not it.

Mainstream AI: You Will Be Disrupted

Your expertise in artificial intelligence is just a castle in the air. When the real McCoy is revealed, your little straw house will go up in flames and its ashes will be trampled into oblivion. You will become obsolete overnight. I'll be watching the whole thing unravel with a bag of Cheetos in one hand, a can of beer in the other and a smirk on my face. You will be disrupted.

One More Thing, Godammit!

I am not one of you. I am a Christian, not a brain-dead superstitious materialist who believes that machines are conscious, that the universe created itself and that life emerged from dirt on its own. In other words, my blog is not meant for you. I don't write for you. Go read somebody else's blog.

OK. I feel better now. Thank you.

3 comments:

Spent Death said...

I don't know if that was directed at me, but I am not part of any community. I am just a lone wolf, seeking the truth, curious about the world. I don't care where the truth comes from.

Louis Savain said...

Spent Death,

You're not mainstream. Don't worry. LOL.

Tobi Alafin said...

Thank you for this blog. It is very valuable.