Sunday, February 2, 2014

Artificial Intelligence and the Bible: A Note about Sequences

The Branch

In my recent series on artificial intelligence and the Bible (see links below), I made a big deal about sequence learning in the brain and the Biblical metaphors that are associated with sequences such as Joshua the high priest, the vine, the stone with seven eyes and the so-called branch or sprout. I am afraid there is something about the branch metaphor that I declined to explain because I think it would reveal too much, too soon. Those of you who have an interest in this research should keep in mind that every single metaphor in the ancient texts was chosen very carefully. My initial mistake was to assume that it was going to be a breeze to interpret them. I was wrong. I wasted a lot of time by not thoroughly analyzing every symbol. In fact, the book of Zechariah has a warning about this at the end of the vision:
Zechariah 6:15
And this shall come to pass, if ye will diligently hearken to the voice of Jehovah your God.
Another translation is "And this will happen if you carefully listen to the voice of Yahweh your Lord." I will have more to say about the branch metaphor in the future because it is crucial to understanding the organization of sequence memory. I just don't think this is the right time. Not yet.

See Also:

Secrets of the Holy Grail
Artificial Intelligence and the Bible: Message to Sardis
Artificial Intelligence and the Bible: Joshua the High Priest
Artificial Intelligence and the Bible: The Golden Lampstand and the Two Olive Trees

No comments: