Thursday, March 17, 2011

Intelligent Computer Chess, Part VI

Part I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX

Abstract

In Part V, I talked about the tree of life and the tree of knowledge. I wrote that the brain's memory served many functions including information storage and retrieval, attention, recognition and anticipation. In this post, I revisit my tree of life prediction and I describe the fundamental building block used by the memory builder to build the tree of knowledge.

Gene Hierarchies, the Tree of Life and Immortality

I realize this has nothing to do with computer chess but I need to clarify something I said in the previous post. I wrote that, based on my interpretation of the tree of life in the book of Genesis, the structure of the genome is organized hierarchically, like a tree. I also wrote that I did not think that anybody in the genetics community was saying this or even suspected it. It turns out that I was wrong. Gene researchers have indeed established that genes do form a control hierarchy (a tree), one which is especially noticeable during embryonic development when various branches of the tree are activated in a precise order. I did a Google search and I found that many geneticists, such as Nobel Laureate John Sulston and others, have been trying to unravel the gene hierarchies of various organisms (e.g., flagellar gene hierarchy) for some time. Since I am not a geneticist, I guess I can be forgiven for not keeping up with progress in the field.

At any rate, I think this is good news for my hypothesis. At the very least, it corroborates my interpretation of the Biblical metaphors which calls for the genome to be hierarchically organized. But I think it goes further than that. First of all, since both the tree of life and the tree of knowledge are mentioned together in the book of Genesis, I interpret it to mean that both trees have very similar regulatory or control functions. Since the timing of branch activation is an essential aspect of the tree of knowledge, it is reasonable to assume that it is equally essential to the tree of life. Second, as I will show in a future article, a major part of the book of Revelation is a symbolic description of the tree of life and, more importantly, of the genetic mechanism of aging and immortality. Indeed, did not the Elohim (the masters) figuratively chase the early humans from the garden of Eden for fear they would partake of the fruit of the tree of life and discover the secret of immortality? Something to think about.

Memory Builder and Memory Building Blocks

It pays to think of the brain's memory system as a building under construction. In this light, we need a mechanism whose function it is to build memory from the ground up. But we also need building materials, i.e., memory building blocks. The fundamental building block of memory in the human brain (and Animal's brain) is a sequence of up to seven nodes each. One of the main functions of the memory builder (MB) is to check to see if signals arriving from the signal separation layer fit into seven-node sequences.

Why seven nodes? Why not two or ten or even twenty? Personally, I don't think it has to be seven. I think that seven happens to be an optimum number for the human brain. The reason that I picked seven for Animal's brain is that I believe that this is what Zechariah was alluding to when he wrote:
For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes.
Once enough primary building blocks have been constructed, the MB can use them to build the entire edifice.

Coming Up

The figure below represents a five-node sequence.

A five-node sequence
Note that there are several concurrent inputs for each node in the sequence. I will explain why in Part VII. I will also explain how the MB attaches the signal input lines to form the sequences and how the sequences are used to build the tree of knowledge.

See Also:

The Brain: Universal Invariant Recognition

No comments: