Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Cherubim Model of Elementary Particles, Part V

Part I, II, III, IV, V, VI

Abstract

According to the Cherubim particle model, the elementary particles that comprise every electron carry 1/4 of the electron's charge and can only move in an absolute 2-D plane. This limitation is at odds with experimental observations. In this post, I will describe the strange and fascinating properties of electrons, as predicted by the model.

La Mano de Dios

During the 1986 World Cup quarter finals, the famous Argentinian striker, Diego Maradona, scored a winning goal against the English team with a handball.
Source: Bob Thomas Sports Photography, Getty Images, taken 22 June 1986

Unbelievably, the goal was allowed by the referee even though it was illegal. Argentina went on to win the World Cup with a final win against West Germany. This incident quickly became known as the Hand of God goal (la Mano de Dios) in fĂștbol circles. So, what does this have to do with Ezekiel, electrons and cherubim? Let me first say that I'm having a little fun here because I happen to like soccer as a sport. Second, recall that a hand in Ezekiel's vision is a symbol that stands for a special property that allows one cherub to grab or hold on to another. I realize that I am mixing my metaphors but the point I want to make is that sometimes, with a helping hand, awesome things can be achieved that would be impossible otherwise.

Human Hands Under their Wings

One of the problems with having a composite electron is that its constituents have the same charge polarity and, as a result, they repel each other. It is for this reason that cherubim, the charged elementary constituents of the electron, must have a special property that holds them together and prevents them from flying apart. This property is symbolized in Ezekiel's text by the hands.
Ezekiel 1:8.Under their wings on their four sides they had the hands of a man. All four of them had faces and wings.
It makes sense to conclude from this verse that, since every cherub has four wings, it must also have four hands. However, why does the verse mention only four sides? Given that a cherub has four faces, shouldn't we expect it to have eight sides in total, one for each direction? Yes, of course. However, I don't think that Ezekiel was referring to facial orientations. I think he was referring to a different kind of sides. I think he was talking about the four possible directions of motion of a cherub. The four sides are really associated with the four wings of the cherub, that is to say, its four possible directions of travel.

That being said, why must every cherub have four hands? After all, each cherub only needs to hold on to three other cherubim. Having four hands means that every cherub has one extra free hand. I call this free hand, la mano de Dios not just because it reminds me of Diego Maradona's famous handball but because this is what explains the observed motion of electrons.

The Four Free Hands of the Electron

Since an electron is composed of four cherubim, it follows that every electron has four free hands. The question is, what are those hands for? In my opinion, they are used for grabbing another electron. At this point, I think you can probably guess where I am going with this. According to the Cherubim model, which I derived from the ancient Biblical metaphors, electrons do not move alone. They travel in pairs.

The Road Ahead

The main purpose of a particle model is to explain why particles come in certain configurations and properties. The second purpose is to predict the existence of heretofore undiscovered configurations and properties. If I am right, we will eventually be able to use the Cherubim model to explain the mass and composition of not just protons and neutrons but the mass number of the various nuclei as well. And we should be able to do this starting from the mass of the electron. This is the road ahead and I will follow it wherever it leads.

Upcoming

I truly believe in the old Christian adage, search and you will find. Who knows what delightful surprises await us around every corner? In Part VI, I will describe electron pairing in more detail and explain why pairing is an essential aspect of electron movement and overall behavior. I will also explain why there are three types of electrons. I know, I had promised to do this in this post but I think it's best that I leave it for the next one.

No comments: