Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Cherubim Model of Elementary Particles, Part IV

Part I, II, III, IV, V, VI

Abstract

To repeat, the Cherubim particle model posits the existence of elementary particles called cherubim, each of which carries exactly 1/4 of the electron's charge and mass. Thus, according to the model, an electron is composed of four identical cherubim. In Part III, I wrote that I had reasons to doubt the correctness of my wing hypothesis. I explained that my interpretation of the wing metaphor does not explain the motion of cherubim (and of electrons) since a cherub has only two pairs of wings. Alright, I have a confession to make. It is true that I have had reasons to ask myself in the past, "what if my wing hypothesis is complete crap? What then?" However, I have since resolved those questions and, at this time, I no longer have any reason to abandon it. I just wanted to give my readers a feel for the kind of thought processes that have gone through and continue to go through my mind as I meditate about the physical meaning of the various metaphors. In today's post, I will continue to reveal more of my reasoning. My goal is to guide my readers through my thought processes in order to show how and why I arrived at the conclusions that I did. Please read the previous installments if you have not already done so.

Wings and Feet

There is no question that the wings of seraphim and cherubim are associated with motion in the three absolute spatial dimensions. After all, since the universe is both discrete and absolute, motion can only take place on a fixed 4-D discrete grid, in a manner of speaking. As I have written elsewhere, the motion of matter in the fourth dimension is handled by a specific particle property, which is symbolized by the feet in Ezekiel's and Isaiah's text. Therefore, only the wings are left to handle ordinary motion in 3-D space. I reasoned that, since every dimension has two opposite directions, if follows that it takes two wings to move in any given dimension, a positive and a negative wing. It follows that any particle must have a total of six wings in order to move in 3-D space in any arbitrary direction.

Mysterious Wings

A cherub can only move in an absolute plane, just like a seraph. However, unlike a seraph, a cherub only has two pairs of wings. This "forever" confines its movements to a single absolute plane. Here's what Ezekiel wrote about the wings of the cherubim according to one translation:
Ezekiel 1:11. Their wings were spread out upward; each had two wings, one touching the wing of another creature on either side, and two wings covering its body.
This is a rather strange verse and if you take a look at the interlinear translation of the Hebrew text (pdf), it gets even stranger. However, once you analyse it in the light of the wing hypothesis, it's not so hard to understand. First, if two wings of a creature are covering its body (the wing down position), we can conclude that they cannot contribute to its motion in that position. So, that leaves only two wings for motion, the two that are stretched upward. This makes sense because, according to the wing hypothesis, motion in any given dimension in the lattice requires two wings, one for each direction. But obviously, since a particle cannot go in both directions at a time, only one wing (positive or negative) can be deployed at a time for that dimension, depending on the direction of motion.

With only two wings for motion, a cherub can only move in a 2-D plane. A strange limitation but it gets stranger still. Notice that the two wings that are deployed and used for motion also touch the wings of another creature. What does this tell us? It tells us two things. First, keeping in mind that all four cherubim move in unison, we can conclude that all four have identical pairs of wings that are deployed identically. Second, it follows that the translation of verse 11 above cannot be correct. After studying the interlinear translation (please do so yourself), I arrived at the following much more plausible translation:
Ezekiel 1:11. Two wings of every creature were spread out upward and touched the wings of every other creature. The other two wings covered its body.
Note that the only way for two wings to touch each other is for them to share the same dimension. The touching metaphor is almost certainly a way of saying that the wings are identical. The picture that comes to my mind is that every creature (cherub) within a group of four uses a pair of identical wings when moving, while lowering the other pair of identical wings. The effect is not unlike that of a perfectly synchronized ballet. I think we should be careful about how we translate the Hebrew word for 'each'. Apparently, there is only one Hebrew word for both 'each' and 'every'. It's kind of like the French word 'chaque', which means either 'each' or 'every', depending on the context. This can create much confusion in trying to understand Ezekiel's vision but the cool thing is that other passages in the same chapter contribute to an overall contextual understanding.

Upcoming

As I explained previously, since we observe electrons to move in any arbitrary spatial direction, there has to be a way to explain their motion in spite of their 2-D wing limitation. In my next post I will reveal why I think that my wing hypothesis is still viable even though it does not explain--all by itself, that is--the motion of electrons. We need something else, something that I call la mano de Dios. I will also take the opportunity to explain why there must be three types of electrons and what this has to do with their motion. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

In my opinion, wings aren't symbolic of movement, they're symbolic of power.

So by my interpretation, cherubim are symbolic of 'normal' physical matter, and seraphim are spiritual matter, with the power to travel through the lattice at will.