Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Cherubim Model of Elementary Particles, Part I

Part I, II, III, IV, V, VI

Abstract

The Rishon Particle Model posits that all matter consists of elementary particles called rishons. There are two types of rishons, T and V, which are named after the Hebrew words tohu (unformed) and vohu (void). These two words are translated as "without form and void" in the second verse of the book of Genesis. A V rishon is electrically neutral whereas a T rishon has a positive or negative electric charge equal in magnitude to 1/3 of the charge of the electron. The Rishon Model contradicts the Standard Model in that it calls for the electron to be a composite particle that consists of three T rishons. In the Standard Model, by contrast, the electron is an elementary particle and the charge of the electron is considered elementary. In this new series, I will present a different view of the electron based on a new tentative particle model derived from my work on the lattice hypothesis. In this model, the electron is indeed a composite particle but it is composed of, not three, but four elementary particles. Those of you who have already read the Lattice Interactions series probably know where I am going with this. If you have not already done so, please read the previous articles before continuing.

The Spirit of the Cherubim
Ezekiel 1:19-21. When the living creatures moved, the wheels beside them moved; and when the living creatures rose from the ground, the wheels also rose. Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, and the wheels would rise along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels. When the creatures moved, they also moved; when the creatures stood still, they also stood still; and when the creatures rose from the ground, the wheels rose along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels.
I added the italics in the passage above to make a point. The point is that, even though Ezekiel was describing four cherubim (or living creatures), they all shared a single spirit. The cherubim and their wheels all move in unison, as if they were a single entity controlled by a single principle or spirit. I interpret this symbolism to mean that the four cherubim are identical elementary constituents of a single composite particle. Note that the word elementary does not imply that an elementary particle is necessarily a constituent of every type of composite particle. It simply means non-composite.

Let me come right out and say that I believe that the four cherubim of Ezekiel represent an electron and that the electron is a composite particle. Furthermore, I believe that each of the four constituents of the electron has fractional charge and mass that are equal to exactly 1/4 of those of the electron. This is in sharp contradiction to both the Rishon and the Standard models. I will have more to say about this in my next post.

The Mass Problem

In the previous series, I argued for the existence of elementary mass. To recap, my argument is that, since the lattice hypothesis calls for every particle to be moving at the speed of light in the fourth dimension, it must interact with lattice particles of equal mass/energy. Since interactions in the fourth dimension are responsible for the electric field of a particle, this means that the strength of the electric field must be proportional to the total mass/energy of the particle. The problem is that all charged particles are observed to have equal charge regardless of the magnitude of their mass/energy. At the time, I was under the impression that the charge of the electron was elementary. So I concluded that the mass of the electron had to be the elementary mass and that massive particles like the proton must consist of a number of elementary components with the same mass as the electron.

I have since changed my mind and, based on my new interpretation of the cherubim, I now believe that there is an elementary particle (the cherub, if you will) with precisely 1/4 the charge and mass of the electron. I think that all normal matter particles consists of cherubim in various combinations. I also have reasons to suppose that there is a second type of cherubim, a neutral elementary particle that serves as a "glue" particle for more massive particles like the proton and the neutron. So, in a way, the Cherubim model is somewhat similar to the Rishon Model but with different elementary charge magnitudes.

Upcoming

In Part II, I will explain why I now believe that Ezekiel's four living creatures symbolize an electron. I will also have something to say about particle accelerators and particle beam orientation.

1 comment:

Alexander said...

interesting. you should definitely check out "the fourth dimension" by p. d. ouspensky, assuming you can get your hands on a copy (very rare book)