Friday, February 6, 2009

Change of Heart

Due to various considerations that I don't want to go into, I've decided not to post the third part of my multipart article "Parallel Computing: The Fourth Crisis". Please don't fret. I may change my mind later as I often do.

I am working on a piece about the on-going confusion that exists in the minds of computer designers regarding the difference between what a computer is and what a computer does. It particularly bothers me that computers are seen primarily as machines for the solving of math problems. I believe that most of the problems that are currently plaguing the software development industry are the result of not properly defining what a computer is. Coming soon.

1 comment:

KLEXOPHOB said...

My ignorance of your field is vast, but I'm drawn by the root of your ideas, and the anger that comes from seeing the people being pushed to the side.
As if you need me to tell you what you already know, but stay level headed and your work will have the impact you hope for. If you stand by your biblical principles (mainly never returning evil for evil), then you have already won, it's just a matter of time.