Thursday, October 18, 2007

Fine-Grain Multicore CPU: Giving It All Away?

All Multicore Related Articles

I was about to upload the second part of my two-part article on Memory Caching for a Fine-Grain, Self-Balancing Multicore CPU and I got to thinking that, maybe I am foolish to give all my secrets away. My primary interest in multicore CPU architecture is driven mostly by my enduring passion for artificial intelligence. I have good reasons to believe that true AI will soon be upon us and that our coming intelligent robots will need fast, reliable, portable, self-balancing, fine-grain multicore CPUs using an MIMD execution model. Of course, these CPUs do not exist. Current multicore CPUs are thread-based and coarse-grained. To do fine-grain computing, one would have to use an SIMD (single-instruction, multiple data) execution model. As we all know, SIMD-based software development is a pain in the ass.

It just so happened that while working on another interest of mine, software reliability, I devised a developer-friendly software model (see Project COSA) that is a perfect fit for parallel programming. Using this model as a guide, I came up with a novel architecture for a self-balancing, auto-scalable, fine-grain, multicore CPU. What woud the computer market give for an easy to program, fine-grain, multicore CPU? I think customers would jump through hoops to get their hands on them, especially when they find out that they can also use them to create rock-solid applications that do not fail.

The point I'm driving at is that I need money for my AI research. I think too many people have benefited from my writings without spending a dime (I know, I keep tract of all visitors and a lot of you have been visiting my site for months, if not years). I think this is a good opportunity for me to get the funds that I need. I am sitting on an idea for a multicore CPU that is worth money, lots of money. So, if you, your organization or your government agency are interested in funding or joining in the founding of a multicore startup company, drop me a line and let me know what you can do.

2 comments:

alcide said...

I couldn't agree more, I love your stuff, specially the COSA project and your analysis about 'Why Software is bad'. In fact, I have my own little mad project with very similar basis.

Un saludo,
nikopol

Gopo the Cyan said...

Just don't infringe on any patents held by National Instruments. They have patented pretty much everything that goes into their G language used in LabView.